Elliott & Quinn’s English Legal System is the ideal companion for anyone studying law at university. Relied upon by generations of students and renowned for its wide-ranging coverage and engaging writing style, this text also includes a variety of features to support your study making it your definitive guide to all aspects of the English legal system.
Updated annually with all major case law and legislative developments, this twentieth edition includes coverage of:
● High profile campaigns, such as the #Metoo movement and upskirting, on law reform;
● The factors causing a recruitment crisis in the judiciary;
● The government’s response to the Lammy review;
● The impact of legal aid and funding cuts on the Criminal Bar and Criminal Defence Solicitors firms;
● Key cases including Sir Cliff Richard v BBC in relation to human rights, Lee v Ashers Baking Company on discrimination and the Pimlico Plumbers case in relation to the gig economy.